LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Billie Holiday and Help Please!!!

So I've been reading a little bit about Billie Holiday.  Her childhood and the questions that surround her paternity, her rise to success even though she had obstacles to overcome (did you know she had a range of just over an octave?), her relationships, and her addictions.  There's a quote that I've hung onto for quite some time, but now it means more to me knowing about the person who said it, and knowing what I'm about to go through...

The difficult I can do today.  The impossible will take a little longer. - Billie Holiday
I need to see this everyday...I'm thinking about writing it on my arm in permanent marker.  I'm really serious about this.

HELP NEEDED -
Know anyone who did a full liquid diet before surgery?  Will you put me in contact with them please?

I received my pre-op packet yesterday from Dr. Geller's office...WTF??  I was fully prepared for a pre-op diet, but I wasn't prepared for two weeks of only liquids!  Oh, let me mention that these liquids can't include dairy and caffeine.  Thinking about this makes me queasy...can I do it?  How am I not going to pass out from weakness?  I know I need to go back through the blogs I've read and find someone who did a liquid pre-op and see how they did it, but right now quitting smoking seems like it was a cake walk compared to what this is going to be!  I know I can do it, I just need all my ducks in a row before I start so I don't set myself up for failure when the time comes to start.  So tomorrow starts to the journey of coming off leaded coffee (diet coke is already cut out).  Wish me luck cause I'm nervous and I'm trying not to think about it until I have to...

Alright, Grey's is a re-run again, so it's a good book tonight for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Came over here to check on ya and just noticed this post of yours I somehow looked over!!

    Luckily I was only required to do a 10 day low-carb diet. The liquids only would of been killer - but hey! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, right!? I, too, am a diet coke addict. I haven't had a diet coke in over two weeks!!! And I haven't found myself missing it much because I've been really focusing on my water intake. Hang in there, Google Unjury. It's a brand of protein products I am using. They have different flavors and you can make all kinds of shakes and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you and so glad you found my blog!! I will follow yours as well! Let's see, where to start!
    The liquid diet was awful for me for about 2 days! The first day all I thought about was food. Seriously. I even got a head ache. I did use protein shakes but mostly in the morning. My favorite was to take the chocolate ones mix them with ice, milk, and sometimes a little coffee. I also liked mixing the vanilla with fruit and yogurt. They have these yoplait smoothies in the freezer section near the frozen fruit. I like food. Hell we all do right? But I thought it was going to be awful but what helped me the most was to make this bean soup and puree it. I added a little light sour cream and it was like a mexican feast. I liked the soup at hand creamy tomato parm. I also made a thai soup that was quite tasty. Now the liquid liquid diet was what 24 hours before surgery. That was a little hard but my mom did homemade broth for me. The day of surgery I wasn't thinking of food AT all. My surgery was so late at night too. I love coffee and that was a bit hard. I am 100% honest in saying it is much worse thinking about going through it then going through it.

    Now after surgery I felt like eating nothing. I had jello and broth. Then moved to the bean puree with cheddar cheese (mozzarella was too stringy) Worst part for me has been about 2 weeks before my first fill till my second fill. Bandster hell! You can pretty much eat anything, swelling has gone down, and I didn't lose anything. I didnt gain either so that is good. But I didn't feel that way!

    I will answer ANY question you want. I will be honest too. Everyone has been so great to me so I would love to help you as much as poss!

    I have two kinds of protein left over. One is a non flavored that I added to soup. And one is a good one for fruit and yogurt. I would be happy to give them to you! I am not using protein anymore. Gosh I could type forever. Email me with questions ajames79@msn.com

    ReplyDelete