LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Three things...

So my last post I was so concerned with how difficult my recovery had been, that I failed to mention all the good things that went on while I was in recovery...Drugs make you go into your own little world, and when you "wake up" everything is such a surprise! 
- My best friend from college and her family drove 100 miles to visit me for a couple of hours.  It was so great to see her (and her pregnant belly), her husband and my god-child. 
- A dear friend of mine gave birth to the most beautiful set of twin boys I have ever seen.  (I feel a trip to Dallas in my future soon so I can officially meet them.  I can't wait to get my hands on them!) 
- I have dinner with friends every Sunday night, and we had a soup night just so I could be a part of it (aren't they sweet?)  I have the most supportive friends ever!
- There's many more, but those are my highlights.

And the second of my two things - I start mushies tomorrow...I'm gearing up for a grocery trip in a minute.  I'm so excited...I've been on all liquids for a month, I'm not sure I know what to do with myself.

And finally, I read Theresa's blog about the excitement in Louisiana right now, and it makes me yearn for Derby time here in Kentucky.  6 more weeks doesn't seem like a long time to wait, but I read about all the festivals and I understand in some way how much fun she's having because soon, very soon, Louisville will be a buzz with excitement and festivals and parades and parties as well.  Thank you for sharing your pictures Theresa!!

One more thing, I have to leave you with the faces that end my weekend each and every Sunday.  How could your Monday not start off right after loves from sweet little ones like this?  It was great to have someone to share jello with! (Twins seem to be a common theme in my life right now.) 


4 comments:

  1. Aww...super cute! My brother and SIL live in Louisville and they love derby time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. recovery was hard on me too! But I when I finally was on the other side it didn't feel like it was as bad! Pain meds are not my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete